If you a returning applicant and looking to submit another application, please make sure you click Login found on the top left of the page and enter in your login credentials. Once you have done so, you can click on Create Application on the left menu options to start a new Grant Application.
Welcome to the Norah Howell Charitable Trust
The Trust was founded in July 1984 by the late Norah Howell of Hamilton. Mrs Howell had been a benefactor of a number of organisations and individuals in the Hamilton area for a number of years. Her own particular interests were music and the support of many organisations in the city. Considerable support has been given by her towards medical research, social and welfare work.
The Trust's funding objectives are to support, assist or promote any recognisable charitable purposes in the Waikato area of New Zealand.
Grants are made by the Trust in the following general areas:
- Support of the arts, in particular of musical perfomance
- Support of education and youth development
- Support and assistance to those of limited economic means
- Promotion or support of local Medical, Equipment or Services
- Other recognised charitable purposes
Other things to note:
- We target our support at smaller local and grassroots organisations. We do not support large, high-profile or national organisations where we do not have the scale to "make a difference"
- If you wish to find out whether your Charity is included or not, please refer to the FAQs to view the current list of excluded charities and sectors. These may be modified at the discretion of the Trustees
- The Trust rarely approves grants of more than $5,000 and will not accept applications in excess of $10,000
- We do not make grants in support of organisations or activities outside the Waikato
Below is a geographical view of the area we support:
Please read the following information
Internet Browsers to use while applying: You may use any of the browsers listed below for making your application:
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer 9 (or higher)
Note: If you are having problems uploading documents, please make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player which you can get by visiting https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Criteria for applying: Before making your application, please review the criteria for being able to apply for a grant and the list of material that requires uploading and all relevant information needed to complete your application. This is all contained in the FAQ's. To view, please click on the FAQ's in the application toolbar above.
Saving and leaving your application: You may leave your application at any stage, and by clicking the Save and Next Page button on any page, your application will be saved.
Re-entering your application: You may re-enter your application at any time using the return link that will be sent to you by email once you have entered your email details in the application.
Tracking your application: Once you have submitted your application, you may track its progress, add other users to your account, amend your details, and make more applications by using the applicant portal login at the top of the application tool bar above.
Confirmation of receipt: Once your application has been submitted, we will send you a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of the application and inform you when your application will be considered.
Types/Forms of ID required: For question(s) that request copies of ID from Signatories, please upload a copy of a signatories Driver's License or Passport so the signature is visible.
We have 2 rounds of grants funding per year
The closing dates are:
- March 31st
- September 30th
Grants from these rounds are normally considered at trustees meetings in June and November.
Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered until the next round of funding is open.
Let's get started
To begin click on the Norah Howell Grant button below